You may discover few WordPress themes which you want to take a look at it on your site but you don’t want your visitors to look it on your live website. WordPress has ‘Preview’ function but it is not sufficient enough for actually checking out.
In case you are going with the identical thing, then you may love this tutorial. There is a WordPress plugin that can assist you to take a look at the WordPress theme without activating it, it is called Theme Test Drive Plugin created by Vladimir Prelovac.
What is Theme Test Drive:
Theme test drive WordPress plugin to allow you to soundly and safely test any theme for your website as an administrator, No any your website visitor can see the changes that you have made or test via the Theme Test drive Plugin.
Your website visitors will see your default theme. It occurs absolutely obvious and they’ll no longer even notice that you run a different theme for yourself.
How To Use Theme Test Drive Plugin
1. Go to Dashboard, at the Plugins menu click on “Add New”
2. Type in the search box “Theme Test Drive” and click on ‘Search Plugins‘.
3. Here you can find Theme Test Drive plugin on the top, click on ‘Install Now’ to install the Plugin.
4. Click on ‘Activate Plugin’ to activate theme test drive plugin.
5. Finally, at Dashboard you can find “Theme Test Drive” under the ‘Appearance’ menu. click on it for further settings.
6. Select the theme that you want to check or test the “Theme Test Drive” without showing it to your visitors. Only you can see the newly tested theme on your blog.
7. After selecting your desired theme from the Drop down menu, just click on “Enable Theme drive”.
Now the game is over, finally check your website link and you will see the new theme activated on the site.
Update For Test Drive Theme Lover’s
The plugin Theme Test Drive has been removed from the WordPress plugin assets directory. WordPress people improves the stability of WP software with 3rd party plugins and themes. So they always update all the related things.
WordPress Customize Way to Check Your Theme
You can test your theme with WordPress latest technology via the feature called “Customize” in its latest WP versions. The process is Go > Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
Finally, here you can customize your desired theme and check your theme via live preview.